Saturday, November 24, 2012

.shall I compare thee.

It is still fresh in my mind. The routine I had, although quite boring for some, is the most exciting one.  When I get home, the atmosphere is less stressful,which doesn't surprise me because 'home is where the heart is', remember? 

Every night before sleep, I sit in bed with a cup of hot choc, staring at all the clothes and scarfs and skirts and trousers in the wardrobe.  'What should I wear tomorrow?' is the most popular question in my head, every night. Take this, match with that, mix with this and that and tadaaaa, the outfit will be hanging behind the door, ready to be worn the next day.  It will take almost an hour or two, mind you.

At about seven thirty, I put on sweater and head out.  It's cold outside. The soft grey of the dawn is tinged with purple-pink sunrise.  I stand still, gazing at the wonderful colours in the sky for a few moments, and I could feel my spirits lifting and I tell myself 'It's gonna be a better day!'.  Oh, that's so ideal. I wish I did that for real.  Forget this paragraph. I'm bluffing.

Class usually starts at nine. At seven thirty, I make myself a coffee and say 'Hmm..the taste is as awesome as Starbucks' just to hypnotise myself so that I will enjoy every single sip.  And surprisingly, it works.  No kidding.  Then I sit down, facing the pond behind my house, and sip my coffee.  I love to see the ducklings. The big trees. The squirrels. And if I'm lucky, I could see the mousedeer and deers. I prefer to sit there all day,but as the clock strikes eight thirty, I know I have a class to attend. 

By the time I arrive, it is already nine or nearly nine-O-five (9.05).  As I catch my breath, my friend usually says 'you come early today'.  I know he is being sarcastic.  Michael-thelecturer taught him well.  And, as a respond to that, I usually give him the brightest smile. And I know he's melting. Ok. Kidding.  That doesn't happen at all.

The first thing I would do in the class is scanning all the classmates.  Oh, there is she. She's wearing yet another amazing dress.  Then I will tell the person next to me, how perfect her outfit is.  Sadly, man cannot judge sometimes. He just shrugs.

I miss this place.  Where I am far away from everything. I know, someone somewhere wishes I would stay there forever. I wish too.  But not forever. At least until everything is over.


I know I shall not compare. Let's keep moving forward.

No comments: