Monday, May 14, 2012

no ledge or knowledge?

Sometimes I found language is weird. Like why do we have a word with different meaning but almost-similar pronunciation? Not to be bias, both Malay lang and English are the same. Remember the famous 'dadah' and 'dada' and also 'darah' and 'dara'? People can easily misinteprate your context if you pronounce it wrongly. Like the semenanjungs, we can distinguish between 'darah' and 'dare' based on the 'e' sound.   Pity the sabahan (especially those who still fail to speak with the semenanjung accent.ehem.like.ehem.me). Coz we tend to say the 'a' sound and make the confusion even greater.

English is also the same.  This morning my lecturer demonstrated how the low ability students might speak in english; 'I go beach my family yesterday' annnd some of us laughed. Coz it sounds like 'bitch'.  Other decent words that sometimes create confusion with the disturbing words are like 'testees'(teachers' jargon) and 'testis' as well as 'last' and 'lust'. Next time, if you were given responsibility to create new words, please don't associate your words with something you yourselves might feel unease to blurt it out.  

5 comments:

Adib Hitam said...

kesian org sabah bila tgk ejaan kentut lain2. hahahaha

Lan said...

I see your point but be proud to be able to speak Malay in 'baku' style . lol

ana rama said...

hahaa..itu bahaya terpaling dib

im trying to be proud la ni. hidup sabah!haha.btw..your 'lol' sounds sarcastic though.

Lan said...

oh sorry I forgot about your perception of a "lol" at the back of a sentence. it's just my habit. no sarcasm. I'm serious about it :)

ana rama said...

hahaha. =)