And I don't always face this kind of situation except in Literature class. Why? Because the lecture is like a lullaby. =.=
Today I faced the eyes-don't-want-to-open situation once again. So what I did was:
1. Roll my eyes as big as I could
2. Whatever he says, I just write 'em down. It works! I have something to focus on rather than thinking of my sleepiness. It's just that..my sentences were hanging:
"get out what lies beneath the"
"poem allows human nature to speak outside the nature of"
When I read my notes back, I was like, who's homosexual?? He demonstrates what?? So basically I'm in despair.=.=
3. Nod! Nod as often as I can coz physical movement can make me less sleepy. Besides, nodding gives a positive connotation. The lecturer might think that I completely understand what he says. Whereas, the truth is I'm just the sleepyhead who are extremely sleepy until my head goes back and forth.
4. Close my eyes for 10 seconds while frowning. Lecturer might think that I'm thinking. Actually I'm 'meditating.'
5. I'm trying so hard not to take a glimpse of my watch/ the clock. Coz I have this habit..when I know what time it is, I tend to count how many hours to go before the 'bell rings'. And I tell you, it's completely annoying!
So basically these are the things that help me to survive in Adrian's class (kunun). If you have another splendid ideas on how to fight the sleepiness in class, you are welcomed to share 'em with me.
----"ada presentation hari ni."
----"gud luck! buat ja mcm *anda selalu becakap dlm keta." Ouch!haha
*subject to change